Friday, March 21, 2014

Trends, #3

How have design trends influenced the layout and design of your pages? Provide a specific example using a specific trend.


19 comments:

  1. There are many design trends that influence the layout and design of the pages that I make. I use trends that make the page look a lot cleaner and more organized. One of the trends that I like to use is layering different objects. By doing this, it creates almost a 3-D effect on the page that is very appealing to the eye. Another design trend that I use is having images in frames that are not rectangular. Putting them in a circular or cool shape frame makes the page look cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I use the rule of thirds to make sure that the subject of my picture is on one of the lines. This makes each picture more appealing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a lot of boxes and there was a lot of black on the different magazine pages. All of the magazine pages looked very clean and professional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Design trends influence the layout and design of pages because in order for it to be attractive to many people, the page needs to follow what is in and what is not in. For example trendy patterns change often. Right now obscure and quirky patterns are in, so on a page people try to make it the most appealing by using these trends to their advantage and making their webpage quirky and unique rather than simple and straight forward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Design trends influence the layout and design of our pages. They influenced them because they make the magazines more interesting to read and more enjoyable to the eye. How they layered the numbers, some bigger and some smaller, drew your attention to different articles and trends. The more important articles were the ones that had the more eye-catching design trends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Design trends have influenced the layout and the design on pages. They have been influenced by the different colors and layouts of text on the pages. Now magazine pages are more enjoyable to the eye and easier to read and look at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mackenzie ParmenterMarch 27, 2014 at 7:50 AM

    One trend that I think has influenced me is the minimalist/modern layout. A lot of websites are going to a most minimal layout. The page that I created followed this trend because the background was just one color and there were only like 7 objects. Also, a lot of magazines are trying to get more circular shapes (or rounded corners). For the page that I created it was very minimal and the corners were rounded.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Design trends have influenced the layout of my design from seeing different colors and putting them in my pages. Trends like neon colors can easily be used in pages to get readers attention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julianne Kelleher iPad 2March 27, 2014 at 7:53 AM

    Trends have influenced the layout of pages because right now simplicity is key, so the websites need to be simple but unique because we are also in a time where no one wants to be the same as anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Design trends have influenced my layout and design of my pages because I now realize that the page has to draw people in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Layouts have become more unique and more crowed, and a long time ago it used to to be very simple and clean cut.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Design trends have played a huge role in the layout and design of our pages. Color contrast is a huge influence as well as picture rules. In my pages, I try and add well flowing colors to make it look better. Also, now with my photos, I will be more careful to making them follow the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pravallika DhulipallaMarch 27, 2014 at 7:55 AM

    While I haven't made a page with design principles in mind, if I were to create one, one thing I would keep in mind is making the numbers big. It has been proved that bigger numbers draw the viewer in and seem to make the page more attractive. An example of this is above. The page shows a lot of large numbers, and as a viewer, I find this page visually appealing.
    Another design trend to keep in mind is the placement and format of images. Images with rounds corners are more visually attractive. In the example above, some images, and even the textboxes, have rounded corners. Some of the other images have their background removed, making the magazine more visually appealing. There is a lot of contrast with the images themselves, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Design trends have influenced the layout and design of my pages. Upon learning about what makes a page visually appealing, I am trying to make my pages fit these guidelines. For example, when I made my own recreate page, I tried to keep the background simple and made certain text that I wanted to stand out bigger and in it's own font.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Designs are something we see everyday in magazines, web pages, TV, books, and other sources. We see them so much that they are ingrained in our minds and we can easily replicate them or something like them. When we really like something we tend to remember it and when we see colors or fonts that go well together we are influenced and like those things better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Layouts and designs are now based on getting the point across with exciting things like pictures and many colors to attract attention. Some people may just put all facts down on a page and expect people to read it, but with colors and pictures you can get your point across like in my pages, and draw attention to the page without it being boring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Layouts and designs are used to enhance the pages and attract the reader into reading more about the topic on the page. Designs like using numbers in different ways can attract a reader into seeing what the numbers represent whether it's days for a calendar, or the number of different stars in a specific movie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. design trends influence the layout and design of pages because in order to make people like the pages.attracting things like pictures and many colors to attract attention. Design using number in different way to attract a reader into seeing the pages. and making the pages good without it boring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Design trends help me because they show professional, clean, sleek pages that I can mimic the layout to create a great looking page

    ReplyDelete